So, you have decided to start your business, finalized your business plan and are ready to implement it. You have an ambitious timeline - but where do you begin? What licenses and clearances will you need? What regulatory agencies do you have need to register with? How do you apply for each license/ clearance? Is there a sequence in which these licenses and clearances need to be applied for?
Well relax… Welcome to eBiz Start a Business section – an authentic, up-to-date and comprehensive repository of essential information, tools and services for planning and starting your business.
eBiz is a collaborative effort involving governments at the Central, State and municipal levels. It will dramatically reduce the complexity in obtaining information and services related to starting a business in India.
Using eBiz you will be able to:
• Create a personalized list of licenses, clearances and registrations that are applicable to you based on the unique characteristics of your business
• Obtain information about the registrations licenses and clearances required for starting a business
• Apply online for the requisite licenses, clearances and registrations
• Make electronic payments towards statutory (processing) fees, (stamp) duties, service fee etc.
• Track status of your application online
• Receive alerts via email and SMS on the progress of your application
• Interact online with the various Government departments such as responding to queries/clarifications, submit additional documentary artifacts
• Obtain electronic copies of your licenses, registration certificates and other clearance letters
So, get started with our License and Permit Information wizard – an easy to use interactive tool to assess your licensing requirements. You don’t need to waste time wading through a load of acts, rules and procedures spread across hundreds of websites. You just answer a few questions about your business and the tool generates a list of licenses, clearances and registrations, tailored according to your answers.