Issue of Industrial License (IL), DIPP
The Government's liberalization and economic reforms program aims at rapid and substantial economic growth which is integrated with global economy in a harmonized manner. The industrial policy reforms have reduced the industrial licensing requirements, removed restrictions on investment and expansion and facilitated easy access to foreign technology and foreign direct investment.
Licensing is done under Industries (Development & Regulation) Act 1951. Post 1991 de-licensing, presently only four industries are under compulsory licensing:
- Electronic aerospace and defence equipment
[Important Note -
- All application for grant of license for manufacture of Small Arms are to be made directly to MHA in Form A-6 along with security clearance proforma manually to Under Secretary (Arms Section), Ministry of Home Affairs, NDCC Building, Jai Singh Road, Delhi.
- All application for grant of license for manufacture of arms and ammunitions configured for defence purposes as indicated in the schedule to the notification No. S.O. 1636(E) dated 19.5.2017 of MHA are to be made to DIPP in Form A-6 along with security clearance proforma and FDI Annexure in 15 hard copies at Industrial License Section, Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Udyog Bhawan, New Delhi.
- All other applications for Industrial License are to be made online on ebiz portal.]
Please refer the below links to obtain the relevant documents -
Security Clearance Proforma
Notification No. S.O. 1636(E) dated 19.5.2017
FDI Annexure for Form A-6
- Industrial explosives including detonating fuses, safety fuses, gun powder, nitrocellulose and matches
- Cigars and cigarettes of tobacco and manufactured tobacco substitutes
[Fresh Licenses are not being granted for manufacture of this item on health grounds since 1999]
- Specified hazardous chemicals i.e (i) hydrocyanic acid and its derivatives (ii) Phosgene and its derivatives and (iii) Isocyanates & disocyanates of hydrocarbon not elsewhere specified (example methyl Isocynate)
Industrial undertakings which fall under above categories are required to submit online application in the prescribed format, i.e. “IL Form”, through e-Biz Portal.
If Industry does not belong to any of above mentioned category, an Industrial Entrepreneur Memorandum application needs to be filed.
PDF forms for a service are no longer downloadable. Please click on Form button to apply the service through online form.
Application Form for obtaining Industrial License.
In case of validation error during submission of the form, or for queries related
to eBiz portal/ making payment, Please email us for further support.
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also call us at:
Contact Number: 1800-103-5200
Timing: 9 A.M to 6 P.M. (Monday to Friday)
Note: Fees is non-refundable, kindly read the instructions carefully.
Applicant can apply for IL at any time of the year.